.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Tilting Blocks Baby Blanket

   
Corrected Version, June 20, 2007
Ravelry Download Available Here  
Materials: 491 yds aran weight cotton blend yarn - I used 3 skeins of Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Popsical Blue which is discontinued Cotton Ease has been re-released in some newer (and nicer, in my opinion) colors, so you can still use it for this blanket, if you can find it.

Here is a short list of yarns that would substitute very well, in my opinion. Of course you can use any yarn you like that gets gauge.
5 skeins Rowan All Seasons Cotton
6 skeins Knit Picks Main Line
7 skeins Knit Picks Shine Worsted
5 skeins Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora
6 skeins Classic Elite Four Seasons
3 skeins Cascade Sierra

30" long size 8 (5 mm) circular needle, or whatever size is required to achieve gauge.

Gauge: 18 sts and 30 rows = 4 inches in st st.  

Finished Measurements: Approximately 27" X 29"  

Pattern Notes: This is a much easier pattern to memorize than it appears. Unfortunately, there is really no good place to put markers, except perhaps to mark where the garter borders are. The pattern shifts by one st every eight rows, and the center panel, even, does this, though it doesn't look like it when it is knit up.

Directions: CO 121 sts. Knit 8 rows. Keeping 4 st border in garter st at each end, begin pattern as follows:  
Rows 1, 3, 5, 7 (RS): *(SSK, YO) 4 times, K8; rep from * to end, K1.

Rows 2, 4, 6, 8: *K9, P7; rep from * to end, K1.

Rows 9, 11, 13, 15: K1, *K8, (YO, K2tog) 4 times; rep from * to end.

Rows 10, 12, 14, 16: K1, *P7, K9; rep from * to end. Repeat this pattern two more times, a total of three pattern repeats, then begin center panel.

Maintaining garter st border, knit panel as follows:

Rows 1, 3, 5, 7: [(SSK, YO) 4 times, K8] 2 times, K48, [(SSK, YO) 4 times, K8] 2 times, K1

Rows 2, 4, 6, 8: (K9, P7) 2 times, K1, P48, K8, P7, K9, P7, K1

Rows 9, 11, 13, 15: K1, [K8, (YO, K2tog) 4 times] 2 times, K48, [K8, (YO, K2tog) 4 times] 2 times.

Rows 10, 12, 14, 16: K1, (P7, K9) 2 times, P48, (P7, K9) 2 times. Repeat this panel five more times, a total of six pattern repeats, then return to first pattern.

Rows 1, 3, 5, 7 (RS): *(SSK, YO) 4 times, K8; rep from * to end, K1.

Rows 2, 4, 6, 8: *K9, P7; rep from * to end, K1. Rows 9, 11, 13, 15: K1, *K8, (YO, K2tog) 4 times; rep from * to end.

Rows 10, 12, 14, 16: K1, *P7, K9; rep from * to end. Repeat this pattern two more times, a total of three pattern repeats.

Knit 8 rows. Bind off in purl. Weave in ends and wash.

Copyright 2006 Ranee Mueller
For Personal Use Only

You May Freely Circulate This Pattern with the Copyright Statement Preserved

Comments:
This is so ironic. I found this pattern in Barbara Walker's Treasury and thought it would make a nice baby blanket. I did make it but used the pattern all over (no center stockinette). I also used stockinette between the holey parts instead of garter. I really like BW's Treasury books
 
This is adorable! I wish I'd had it when my neice was born. I'm definitely making this as my next baby gift, though. Great job!
 
wow! the blanket is so nice! great use of CE!!
 
Oh That is so Pretty.. Thanks so much for the directions !!! :)
http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/
 
This is adorable! Thank you for sharing it. I will definitely use this pattern.
 
I'm not quite sure how I found your baby blanket, but I did and I think it's beautiful. i have a friend that is due in December and this is perfect.

Thanks,
Cindy
 
Thanks so much for posting this! I've made it twice, I like it so much. I'll try to get pictures on my blog.
 
Hi I just found your page with the beautiful blanket through a search. I am going to be making it for my neighbor that is expectinh her first and it is going to be a girl. I will be making it in a beautiful melon green that is what she wants. I can't wait to get started on it. I just finished a beautiful blanket with butterflies knitted in rows. I will try to put it somewhere online.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?